“RIBBON”-CUTTING OF GARLAND OF FRESH FLOWERS & GREENS
OPENED “39th ANNUAL CONNECTICUT FLOWER & GARDEN SHOW
HARTFORD, CONN., February 20, 2020 – This morning at 10 a.m., a garland of fresh flowers and greens was ceremoniously cut by Connecticut Lieutenant Governor Susan Bysiewicz to officially open the “39th annual Connecticut Flower and Garden Show” at the Connecticut Convention Center in Hartford. The theme of the 2020 show is “Connecticut Springs into Earth Day.”
One of the Northeast’s largest and most prestigious flower shows, the four-day event runs through Sunday, Feb. 23.
This year’s show features: 24 spectacular landscaped gardens; The Federated Garden Clubs of Connecticut’s 2020 Standard Flower Show; more than 80 hours of seminars featuring horticulture, dozens of gardening and flower speakers; and hundreds of booths with garden items and gifts for sale.
The colorful garland of flowers & greens was created by Paul Buettner Florist of East Hartford.
PICTURED (left to right):
- Craig LeHoullier, author and Garden Writers Association Gold Award winner, who is one of the many seminar speakers during the 4-day event;
- Arlene Field, 2020 President of The Federated Garden Clubs of Connecticut, Inc.;
- Kristie Gonsalves, Conn. Flower & Garden Show Producer andPresident of North East Expos, Inc.;
- Lieutenant Governor Susan Bysiewicz cutting the garland of flowers & greens; and
- Commissioner Bryan P. Hurlburt of the Connecticut State Department of Agriculture.
Today/Thursday, Feb. 20, 2019 – 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.;
Friday, Feb. 21 –10 a.m. to 8 p.m.;
Saturday, Feb. 22 –10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; and
Sunday, February, Feb. 23 – 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
►Admission: $18 Adults; Thursday/Friday only $16 Seniors Age 62 and Over; $5 Children 5-12;
Free under age 5. All admission Payment by Cash Only.
For information, visit www.CTFlowerShow.com or Facebook or call 860-844-8461.
MEDIA CONTACT: Laura Soll, Communications 860-688-4499 or Cell 860-833-4466 or Laura@sollpr.com